Opening Question: What is something that makes you feel free?
– Woman had been crippled for 18 years.
– She was bent over and couldn’t straighten up.
Question: What do you think life would have been like for this woman?
Question: What are some things in people’s lives that prevent them from being free?
– Jesus puts his hands on this woman and immediately she straightened up and praised God.
– Sometimes all we need to do to be free is to let Jesus work in our lives and then “straighten up.”
– The religious leaders weren’t happy about what Jesus did.
– They were upset because He healed the woman on a Sabbath Day.
Question: Do you think these religious leaders were free?
Question: What crippled them?
– The people here thought they were free.
– They were actually slaves to sin.
Question: How can someone be a slave to sin?
Question: How does the Bible say that we find true freedom?
Challenge: Don’t mistake what you feel like would make you free for what truly does make you free. Sin is enslaving; not freeing. We must learn what Jesus’ teachings are and then hold to them to find freedom.