Opening Question: Describe your idea of the perfect gift.
Question: What’s the worst gift you’ve ever gotten?
Question: What do you think makes a gift a good gift?
– God has given all mankind life and breath. Those are some very good gifts! There’s nothing more valuable than life and breath!
– It says that God is “…not served by human hands, as if He needed anything.”
Question: Have you ever had to buy a gift for someone that seemed like they already have everything? Who?
Question: What kind of gifts to you give to people who “have everything”? (Something from the heart!)
– God made every nation — people and the land itself.
– He determined where people would live and when they would live there.
Question: If you could have been born anywhere else in the world, where would you have liked to be born?
Question: If you could have been born in a different time period, which one would you want to be born in?
– God puts people where they are and in the time that they’re there for a reason.
– It’s so that they’ll seek Him and find Him. That’s the gift that God really wants.
Question: What do you think stops people from giving God this gift — seeking after God?
Personal Sharing: I used to think that a relationship with God was too hard. I was too messed up, and Christianity was only for “choir boys” who weren’t like me. But I love the fact that the Bible says that God is not far from any one of us. It’s not as hard as people think!
Challenge: Give God the perfect gift — one that He actually wants — you! All I’m asking is that you start meeting up with the person who brought you out to our Bible discussion and start going through the Bible together!