Opening Question: What is your favorite sport?
I Corinthians 9:24-27
– Paul is comparing Christianity to a sport – running a race.
– There are a lot of similarities between sports and Christianity.
Question: Why do you think people play sports? What makes them appealing?
Question: What are some qualities or characteristics that are required to be a good at sports?
Question: What do you think it takes to be good at being a Christian?
I Corinthians 9:25b
– Paul says about the world, “They compete for things that don’t last.”
– Typically, we don’t remember who wont last year’s major sporting events. And certainly not before that.
– Even awards and trophy’s that are won don’t last forever.
Question: What are some other things that people work hard for in life that don’t last?
Question: What do you think “the prize” that Paul refers to in the scripture is?
II Timothy 3:16-17
– The Bible is useful for everyday life: teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training.
– The Bible is something we have to train in.
Question: What are some challenges that come with training?
Question: How can someone train in the Bible?
Challenge: Start spiritually working out with the Bible!
Training in the Bible is the key for receiving a prize that will last forever! If you don’t know where to start, please get together with whoever brought you and let them be your “personal trainer” in the Bible.