Opening Question: If you could have any career/job in the world, what would it be? Why?
– Going to look at three different professions.
– Each one of these professions relates in some way to Christianity.
II Timothy 2:2-7
– Paul is writing to Timothy.
– He encourages him to be like a soldier, an athlete, and a farmer.
Question: What do you think are some characteristics of a good soldier?
Question: What would you say motivates a soldier?
Question: Who are some famous athletes that come to mind?
Question: What qualities or attributes do all these athletes have?
Question: Do you think that many Christians have these same attributes? Why or why not?
Question: Do you think many people aspire to be farmers? Why or why not?
Question: What do you think makes it hard to be a farmer?
II Timothy 2:7
– The Bible says to reflect on these things, and that God will give us insight.
– The Bible isn’t just meant to be read like a book. It’s meant to be reflected upon and related to our everyday lives.
Question: Which one of these – the soldier, the athlete, or the farmer – do you most relate with?
Challenge: Start reading and reflecting on the Bible. Everything in the Bible is relevant and applicable to everyday life. We only need to reflect on it, and not deflect from it!