Opening Question: What is something that you feel like you are very confident in?
Question: Do you think it’s good to be confident?
– Pharisees were religious leaders in society.
– This Pharisee was confident about his own righteousness.
Question: Do you think that most people are confident about their relationship with God? Why or why not?
Question: What made him so confident? (Was doing good things, compared himself with others, etc…)
Question: Do you think he should have been this confident? Why or why not?
– Tax collector was humble before God.
– He begged God for mercy because he saw himself as a sinner.
– In some ways, this tax collector seems insecure.
Question: Do you think it can be a good thing to be insecure?
Question: What do you think made this tax collector so insecure/desperate for mercy?
Question: Do you think there are a lot of people that are this desperate for God? Why or why not?
I John 2:28-29
– John is talking about being confident.
– He says that being confident before God is conditional.
Question: What do we need to do to be confident before God?
Question: What do you think it means to “continue in Him”?
Challenge: Learn how to do what is right in God’s eyes, and not just in other people’s eyes.