Opening Question: What are some things that change when heat is applied?
– Nebuchadnezzar is the king of Babylon.
– Sets up a statue to honor himself, and orders that everyone must bow down and worship it.
Question: What kind of king does Nebuchadnezzar seem to be?
Question: Do you think it was fair for him to make everyone bow to him?
Question: What kind of social expectations do we have in our society?
– Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego refuse to bow down to the statue.
– Nebuchadnezzar orders that they be thrown into the furnace.
Question: What are some unpopular stances/opinions that people can have in our society? (Marriage between man and woman, anti-abortion, etc…)
Question: What can the consequences be for having these opinions?
– God delivers Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
– They survive without even a scratch.
Question: What are some things that this fire changed?
Challenge: What are you standing up for in your life? God’s word holds some pretty unpopular teachings, but do they deter you from holding to them. Choose to stand up for God and His word over what’s popular in society!